Professional Scrum Master with Certification
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is THE cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and anyone supporting a software development team's efficiency and effectiveness. The Professional Scrum Master class introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. These are foundational insights upon which the rules and roles of Scrum are explored and discussed. The focus on the Scrum Master role includes advanced thinking tools for servant-leadership and behavioural shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and scaling Scrum.
- Aug 23Online2 days07:00 - 15:00 UTCMartin Hinshelwood8 900 NOK
- Scrum Basics – What is Scrum and how has it evolved?
- Scrum Theory – Why does Scrum work and what are its core principles? How are the Scrum principles different from those of more traditional software development approaches, and what is the impact?
- Scrum Framework and Meetings – How Scrum theory is implemented using time-boxes, roles, rules, and artifacts. How can these be used most effectively and how can they fall apart?
- Scrum and Change – Scrum is different: what does this mean to my project and my organization? How do I best adopt Scrum given the change that is expected?
- Scrum and Total Cost of Ownership – A system isn't just developed; it is also sustained, maintained and enhanced. How is the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of our systems or products measured and optimized?
- Scrum Teams – Scrum Teams are self-organizing and cross-functional; this is different from traditional development groups. How do we start with Scrum teams and how do we ensure their success?
- Scrum Planning – Plan a project and estimate its cost and completion date.
- Predictability, Risk Management, and Reporting – Scrum is empirical. How can predictions be made, risk be controlled, and progress be tracked using Scrum.
- Scaling Scrum – Scrum works great with one team. It also works better than anything else for projects or product releases that involve hundreds or thousands of globally dispersed team members. How is scaling best accomplished using Scrum?
Those who will be Scrum Masters on a Scrum project, leaders, change agents, process owners, and anyone involved in helping the organization adopt Scrum.
The Professional Scrum Master course is primarily targeted at those responsible for the successful use and/or rollout of Scrum in a project or enterprise.
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Understand the basics of project management.
- Understand requirements and requirements decomposition.
- Have been on or closely involved with a project that builds or enhances a product.
- Read the Scrum Guide
- Take the Scrum Open assessment and receive a score of 75% or more
- Have read one of the Scrum books.
- Want to know more about how Scrum works, how to use it, and how to implement it in an organization.
Tags: agile, scrum
Martin Hinshelwood is a consultant for naked Agility Limited and helps organisations to deliver better software faster by adopting DevOps & Agility using Visual Studio, TFS/VSTS, Azure, & Scrum. Martin has been a consultant for 6 years and previously had 10 years' experience in engineering software solutions.
Martin has been awarded as a Visual Studio ALM MVP every year since 2008, has been a Visual Studio ALM Ranger since 2010 and in 2014 Martin co-authored Professional Application Lifecycle Management with Visual Studio 2013.
Martin also became a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) with Scrum.org, Ken Schwaber's organisation, in 2010 and currently teaches public and private courses; Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Developer (PSD), & Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) with Nexus. He is also a Evidence-based Management Consultant with Scrum.org and helps organisations figure out how to move towards agility.
- The course and all material is in English