Identity & Access Control for modern Applications and APIs using ASP.NET Core 6
Modern application design has changed quite a bit in recent years. "Mobile-first" and "cloud-ready" are the types of applications you are expected to develop. Also, to keep pace with these demands, Microsoft has revamped their complete web stack with ASP.NET Core to meet these architectural demands.
- Jan 16Clarion Hotel Oslo2 days08:00 - 16:00 UTCAnders Abel14 490 NOK
Multi-platform, multi-client, and highly-mobile users bring a new set of challenges, so the approaches of the past are no longer appropriate for modern applications. This two-day workshop is your chance to dive into all things security related to these new technologies. Learn how to securely connect native and browser-based applications to your back-ends and integrate them with enterprise identity management systems as well as social identity providers and services.
.NET Core, ASP.NET Core, MVC, Web APIs, Claims, OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0, WS-Federation, SAML, JSON Web Tokens, Single Sign-on and off, Federation, Delegation, Home Realm, Discovery, CORS
Day 1: Foundation & Authentication
- Identity & Access Control in .NET Core
- ASP.NET Core Security Framework
- Claims-based Identity
- Cookie-based Authentication
- Social Logins (e.g. Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- OpenID Connect
- Data Protection
- Web Application Patterns
- Single Sign On / Single Sign Off
- Claims Transformation
- Federation Gateway
- Account & Identity Linking
- Home Realm Discovery
Day 2: Web APIs & Access Control
- Securing APIs
- Architecture & Scenarios
- Token-based Authentication
- OAuth 2.0
- Token lifetime management
- Refresh tokens
- OpenID Connect & OAuth 2.0 combined
- Server to Server communication
- Native & mobile Applications
- Custom credentials & token requests
Attendees will need to bring a computer with the latest .NET Core SDK and the IDE of your choice (e.g. Visual Studio) installed.
Anders is a senior software architect with extensive experience of security solutions. He has helped implementing IdentityServer in organizations over the world, often in combination with his Saml2 packages. Since 2021, Anders works with Duende Software Inc on designing and implementing authentication solutions built on IdentityServer.